Current openings (2017)
- One postdoc position (AI)
- One postdoc position (computational neuroimaging; UCL-based)
- One research assistant position
- Graduate students
- Undergraduate research
(See below for more details)
Open postdoctoral position (AI and/or computational neuroscience)
One postdoctoral position, funded through Samsung future technology foundation, is immediately available in the Laboratory for Brain and Machine Intelligence, led by Sang Wan Lee, at KAIST (http://aibrain.kaist.ac.kr). The laboratory is affiliated with the department of bio and brain engineering, brain and cognitive engineering program, and KAIST Institute for Health Science and Technology (KIHST).
The position is initially appointed for one year, and may be extended for up to three years. We offer a competitive salary plus benefits. We also provide opportunities for working with our collaborators.
The project, AI-human coevolution engine, aims to develop a framework that boosts human learning and inference performance. It requires a combination of model-based neuroimaging techniques and a design of various learning algorithms. Research topics include model-based/model-free reinforcement learning, inductive/deductive/transitive inference, and one-shot learning. Details about the project is confidential, but the research proposal will be outlined during an interview.
- PhD in cognitive neuroscience, computational neuroscience, or physics
- prior experience in (model-based) fMRI analysis is preferred.
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, or applied mathematics
- strong quantitative background with expertise in stochastic neural network, deep learning, or reinforcement learning simulation
The positions are open until filled. Interested please send a cover letter, a CV and a list of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
(병역특례에 관심 있으신 분은 지원시 알려주시기 바랍니다.)
Open postdoctoral position (computational neuroimaging)
Advertisement here. (UCL-KAIST joint position, based on UCL)
Open research assistant position
- Bachelor's degree in EE or CS
- Good at working in a team but able to work independently
- Programming skill is preferred
Interested please send a cover letter, a CV and a list of two references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Graduate students in machine learning and/or computational neuroscience
- Brain and cognitive engineering program (BCE program) : At the moment we cannot afford to take on students unless exceptionally qualified.
- Bio and Brain Engineering (BBE) : Currently accepting students.
Undergraduate research opportunities
Individual study (BiS495) and or graduate study are available. If interested, send firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) a brief description of yourself and
(2) a transcript or a list of courses taken.
*URP program : if you were successful in the individual study, you may apply for the URP.