Current openings (2017)
- One postdoc position (computational neuroimaging; UCL-based) : filled
- One researcher position : currently open!
- Graduate students
- Undergraduate research
(See below for more details)
Postdoctoral position (AI and/or computational neuroscience)
One postdoctoral position, funded through Samsung future technology foundation, is immediately available in the Laboratory for Brain and Machine Intelligence, led by Sang Wan Lee, at KAIST (http://aibrain.kaist.ac.kr). The laboratory is affiliated with the department of bio and brain engineering, brain and cognitive engineering program, and KAIST Institute for Health Science and Technology (KIHST).
The position is initially appointed for one year, and may be extended for up to three years. We offer a competitive salary plus benefits. We also provide opportunities for working with our collaborators.
The project, AI-human coevolution engine, aims to develop a framework that boosts human learning and inference performance. It requires a combination of model-based neuroimaging techniques and a design of various learning algorithms. Research topics include model-based/model-free reinforcement learning, inductive/deductive/transitive inference, and one-shot learning. Details about the project is confidential, but the research proposal will be outlined during an interview.
- PhD in cognitive neuroscience, computational neuroscience, or physics
- prior experience in (model-based) fMRI analysis is preferred.
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, or applied mathematics
- strong quantitative background with expertise in stochastic neural network, deep learning, or reinforcement learning simulation
The positions are open until filled. Interested please send a cover letter, a CV and a list of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
(병역특례에 관심 있으신 분은 지원시 알려주시기 바랍니다.)
- BS or MS degree in CS, EE, and etc.
- Programming skill is preferred.
Graduate students in machine learning and/or computational neuroscience
- Brain and cognitive engineering program (BCE program) : We do not accept BCE students unless exceptionally qualified.
- Bio and Brain Engineering (BBE) : Currently accepting students.
Undergraduate research opportunities
Individual study, graduate study, and internships are available. If interested, send an email to email@example.com
(1) a brief statement about your research interest and
(2) a transcript.
*URP program : if you were successful in the individual study, you may apply for the URP.
*Research topics (examples)
- deep learning + meta BCI (on EEG data)
- multi-agent reinforcement learning (AI soccer simulation)
- model-based deep reinforcement learning simulation
- model-based fMRI analysis (GLM, MVPA, DCM)
- exploring neural space via fast matrix computation (CovGram)
- deep learning-based experimental design (Deep neural experimenter)
- large-scale computational modeling on behavior data